Every year Oxted Parish Council invites applications from local organisations and charities for a share of Grant Aid money. Ideally, priority is given to applications for a specific project, supported by financial documentation.
The cut-off date is 1st May, but in exceptional circumstances additional awards may be made later in the year.
In May 2022 the Parish Council received 5 applications for the year 2022-23, namely from:
- Mary’s Parochial Church Council towards the cost of grounds maintenance and tower repair. £500 was granted.
- Surrey Fire & Rescue Safe Drive Stay Alive. Each year an event is organised at Dorking Halls with the aim of educating school and college students in the importance of safe driving. These events are very moving with speakers, who have either survived road accidents or lost family members to road traffic accidents. £500 was granted.
- Oxted Hygiene Bank. This is a local project and part of the National Hygiene Bank Charity. The grant will enable them to buy items for local people in need. £350 was granted.
- The Oxted Players to help fund the summer programme. £350 was granted.
- Hurst Green School applied for £750 to provide 15 x £50 food vouchers for vulnerable families.